The Cocktail Revolution HQ
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 wedge lime
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) fresh lime juice
- 2 heaped teaspoons superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Cointreau or other triple sec orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup (60ml) reposado tequila
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Spread salt on a small plate.
- Rub lime wedge halfway around rim of glass.
- Dip moistened side of glass in salt to lightly coat. Set aside.
- In cocktail shaker, stir together lime juice and sugar until sugar partially dissolves (around 5 seconds).
- Add Cointreau, tequila and 1 cup ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously for 25 seconds then strain into prepared glass.
- Fill glass with remaining ice cubes.